Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Keep it Real

I've always, always, always appreciated people who are honest WITH themselves and about themselves, and that appreciation just continues to grow as I get older. I've realized that almost everyone is living life in various stages of denial. Denial about themselves, their personality, how they are perceived by others, their careers, their relationships, their finances, their decisions, their choices, etc etc etc. I know we all have sore spots and things that are tough for us to admit to, but c'mon. You should KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! You should own up to your issues, your shortcomings, your poor decisions. You should be able to say, yes, I am......, or I did...... and that sucks, but hey.

I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather be around someone who accepts their shortcomings, no matter how bad those shortcomings may be, then someone who acts holier than thou or who is so deep in denial land they haven't got a clue about themselves.

Just keep it real. With yourself. With other people. Life would be so much easier that way.

No comments: