Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 is almost over!!!!


I can't believe it's almost Christmas! What the heck? Where did 2008 go? I swear. It went so damn fast, by far the fastest year of my life. A lot of crucial, uber important, big events happened this year too.


***I started out the year in New Zealand, on one of the most awesome, amazing, perfect vacations ever.
***I left my job from hell with the boss from hell.
***I got engaged.
***I moved from LA to SD.
***I got back into acting. I hustled hard core and modeled my ass off like a crazy woman.
***My big sister got divorced from her asshole husband.
***I got LASIK surgery! ZOMG best thing EVER!!!!!!
***I dyed my hair dark brown, something I've wanted to do since FOREVER!
***My cousin got married.

Good grief, I think that's it. Lol. Super busy year. Super interesting year.
I learned a LOT. I think the overarching theme for me personally was that life is too short to be miserable. And YOU are in control of your own destiny. You aren't resigned to living a life that others have planned out for you. You aren't resigned to living a life that doesn't satisfy you, doesn't fulfill you, doesn't make you happy. You aren't resigned to a lifetime of contacts or a hair color you don't like :P (okay, yes, that's just me LOL) You aren't resigned to staying with a person, staying at a job, staying in a city that you don't like. YOU are in control of your own life. Get out there and make some changes until you're happy. Because seriously, life is way too short.

I also learned that success is a far more relative concept than people would like you to believe. I know so many people who have "successful" careers and are just miserable, miserable people. They don't enjoy what they do. They live every day just trying to get through it. The money may be good, but that isn't enough to make them happy. Success to me is being a happy, fulfilled, GOOD individual. It's about taking risks, straying from the beaten path if that's what makes you happy, doing what is in your own heart and not letting anyone else make decisions for you. Own your passions. Follow your dreams.

God I sound like a hallmark movie of the week don't I?????? :P

5 comments:

Kita St. Cyr said...

You look so gorgeous in that picture it should be a crime. Who shot that?

Anonymous said...

Maybe its just because I'm a guy, but whenever I hear a woman talk about how they "don't think they should be stuck with any kind of life that doesn't fulfill them" I subconsciously translate it to:
"I think there a men out there that will offer me more than you can... and I plan on sleeping with them."
I'm sure that's not what you mean... You were probably talking about wanting to read more books or wanting to take up a new hobby or something like that. I'm just saying. In my experience, a woman who talks about her quality of life, she is often talking about the quality of her man.

Amedeus said...

You are right ... life is too short to be miserable in any situation. It takes vigilance and constant awareness to detect the miserable spots timely and not fall asleep at the switch ...

Congrats on your growth and your understanding of the relative concept of success ... ;-)

Be happy ... remain passionate

Rudi.

Victoria Vertuga said...

Mike Spatola shot that. He's a local LA guy who does a lot of pin up Kita. You'd LOVE him! =D

Victoria Vertuga said...

SocoFoto, I don't know who you are, but I'm talking about pursuing a career that I love rather than being stuck in one I can't stand just because it's "safer" and the money is better. I'm in a very happy relationship and have been for ions, so that's not at all the issue here. Rather, having the courage to pursue your dreams and jump off that ledge even if it's scary, unknown, and hard as hell.